Inquiry Mindset- Chapter 3

The Inquiry Cycle

As the Teacher-Librarian I have the great privilege of co-planning and co-teaching lessons/inquiries with the educators in my school. This means I have the opportunity to interact with a wide range of students (my school has 900+ students!!) and many different curriculum areas. There are a number of challenges that come with this-- finding the time to plan together and approaching the planning from a similar place. Depending on the personal learning journey of the educator I am working with they may be very familiar with teaching and learning from an inquiry stance or just starting their journey and dipping their toes in the inquiry pool. After reading Chapter 3 in Inquiry Mindset I wanted to create a planning/tracking template that could help me in my co-teaching with the educators in my school.

This is the first draft of the template and it will definitely be a working document but I think it will be very useful in helping me co-plan with my fellow educators as well as help me grow my understanding of the inquiry cycle. I think I'd also like to create a series of posters for the Library Learning Commons to educate the students about the inquiry cycle so they can contribute to the planning of their own inquiries. Lastly, I have spoken to my principal about using Inquiry Mindset for a book talk with the educators in my school in the fall and I think this template will be an excellent resource for educators as we work through the book together.

I'd love to know your thoughts or see a similar inquiry guide if you've created one.



INQUIRY CYCLE TRACKING GUIDE

No comments

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.